Underground Detectable Tape
Detectable tape or Tracer tape is used to help locate underground utility cables and pipes. There are two types of underground tape:
Detectable: Usually has wire either running through it or on the sides of the tape. Workers would use a detector to locate the tape and mark the ground accordingly. Detectable tapes usually come in three sizes 2, 3 and 6 widths (but you can custom order wider tapes) and are color coded to meet ASTM standards.
Warning Tape: Is constructed of durable polyethylene but is not detectable from above ground.
SignLabelsTapesandmore.com understands that the use of any underground tape is an important step to protect buried lines, cables and pipes. We use only materials that can withstand the challenges of being buried for many years.
Our underground detectable tape:
- Has solid aluminum foil core for ease of detection
- Acid, Alkali, Chemical and oil resistant material
- Color coded utilities that is recognized by APWA
- Meets ASTM D2103-08, D882-09, D2578-08, D792-08 and D671-93 standards
- Consists of a minimum 5.0 mil overall thickness
Utilities that SignsLabelsTapesandmore.com has in stock
- Electric line Buried Below 6 Width or 3 Width
- Buried Gas line Below 6 Width or 3 Width
- High Voltage line 6 Width or 3 Width
- Buried Fiber Optic line Below 6 Width or 3 Width
- Buried Telephone line Below 6 Width or 3 Width
- Buried Sewer line Below 6 Width or 3 Width
- Buried Water line Below 6 Width or 3 Width
Custom Orders are available - Contact Us
Remember - Detetcable Tape provides a simple and inexpensive method to both locate and protect valuable underground utility lines.
When it comes time to invest in quality products that are designed to last, SignsLabelsTapesandMore.com is your best choice for outstanding quality products at manufacturer direct pricing.